snapped speedo cable

kaighn80

ok sold the fizz r4 bought a gs500 to use till im in a position to buy something better or i get the ktm mito bastard child done, gs had a few problems like no instruments working and a few tidying bits but nothing serious i hoped!! (how many times do we think yeah that'll take ten mins!! more like ten hours!!) so any way thought it best to check if it was the cables that werent doing their thing and yep they busted! ok no probs whip them out and change them right?? wrong!!! tacho cable has seen the wrong sort of caress from a pair of molegrips and is now one with the sleeve it bolts into, ok thats not so much of a problem and i took it out of the head all be it in pieces. speedo cable is a bit more problematic its snapped inside the bit (not sure what its called!!) on the side of the wheel and i cant get it out any ideas??

You should be able to take the front wheel out then the speedo drive out.

There should be a huge cir clip holding the speedo drive together, take it out let all the bits fall on the floor and spend a hour butchering the end of the cable getting it out then another hour trying to get the speed drive back together :shock:

You should be able to take the front wheel out then the speedo drive out.

There should be a huge cir clip holding the speedo drive together, take it out let all the bits fall on the floor and spend a hour butchering the end of the cable getting it out then another hour trying to get the speed drive back together :icon_bounce:

that seems like an awfully big job i might be tempted to buy one if its going to be that hard.

Archived