Dash lamps for ZX6 J model

Leighio

Just a quick word of warning about buying LED ones to replace them: Don't. Those bright blue-ish white LED's give out a very narrow spectrum of light, unlike a normal bulb which gives out a big broad spread of light that covers many different colours. The little green and yellow etc lenses that you've got on your indicator warning thingys etc, they work by filtering out all but the yellow from that big broad spectrum from the normal bulbs. If you don't have that yellow element to the spectrum of light you're shining at the lens, then you won't see anything. Nothing at all. What'll happen is that you'll pull the new "high intensity LED" from the back, thinking it's not working, get blinded by it, then put it back behind the lens and not see anything, do this about 3 or 4 times, work out that it's a phenomenom to do with funky light things as demostrated on the back of an old £5 note, then stick normal bulbs in there afterwards, which work fine, but somehow feel a bit 'low-tech'.

Found a couple have blown on my bike and need replacing does any one know where you can get hold of them either shop or internet?

Cheers

I've had to replace the ones on the R1 a few times over the years.

I'd recommend you take the bulb out of the clocks & either take it in to your local dealers. Many of the instrument panel bulbs will be common across a few models.

But my local Yam dealers were friggin' useless, so I ended going to Halfords they do an exact replacement bulb for mine, they're about 50p each if that.

Aye, Halfords or your local Motor factors - they are just capless mini wedge typey things

Can't remember the wattage, mind - take 'em out and wander into you nearest vehicle spares emporium and they'll sort you out.

I've had to replace the ones on the R1 a few times over the years.

I'd recommend you take the bulb out of the clocks & either take it in to your local dealers. Many of the instrument panel bulbs will be common across a few models.

But my local Yam dealers were friggin' useless, so I ended going to Halfords they do an exact replacement bulb for mine, they're about 50p each if that.

Odd my old R1 used to blow them every once in a while too, never had the problem on other bikes I've had though

Odd my old R1 used to blow them every once in a while too, never had the problem on other bikes I've had though

It must be down to awesomeness of the original R1, Ross. There's just no other explanation.

Talking of bulbs and Halfords, you need to get their trade card, bulbs work out at literally pennies! Discount also applies to tools and oils etc, usually between 20 to 30%

Archived