LED Indicators

paul8899

hello,

bought some oxford led indicators ( the ones with the resistors included ) and I am having a bit of trouble with them. I have fitted the front set ( with resistors ) and the flash rate is normal , but when I plug in the rear set the flash rate speeds up , I have tried it with and without the resistor and it makes no difference . The strange thing is when I wire it in with the bulb indicator,without the resistor ( 2 rear and one front indicator ) the flash rate is normal , they only speed up when its the led ones . I haven't tried having the resistor only on the rear ones to see what happens

do you need one resistor per indicator or is it one per side ?

any help would be appreciated

thanks

Like Motrax, I presume Oxford will sell you an appropriate flasher unit for use with LEDs...but if the resister is supposed to let it work automatically, then have a word with them.

Sound like they are having no effect -the when you use just a pair of LEDs, that's what happens.

I've found that the resistors are needed on each LED. Then, about 200 miles down the road, the brittle wire that comes out of the resistor will snap off, right where it goes into the resistor itself, meaning you can't bodge it back together, and you then have to buy a led compatible flasher relay. Bollocks, isn't it.

tried different resistors and indicators , all the same :eusa_whistle:

also tried standard front and led rear , those worked ok , just cant get front and rear leds to flash properly

looks like ill be buying one of those plug in relays soon

Archived