Rearsets for Honda VFR 750 LM ´91

zigzag

Hello once again from the corner where no expense is spared to convert an outdated sportstourer into an underachieving trackday bike....

Until recently I had some Raask rearsets mounted to my ´91 VFR but they make the bike wide and even more ugly than it is already. A friend tried to make me some from scratch but ran out of resources so I am left with either the Raasks (which I don´t want to re-mount) and the oem ones (which will dig up the tarmac big time).

Is there any common knowledge about fitting rearsets from other hondas does work out (give or take a few tweaks to linkages/leverages), for example NC30/35 or early Fireblades/CBR600s ?

The mounting points in the frame are 80mm apart (center of screw).

Any light shed into this is highly appreciated!

Thanks

zigzag

If you are struggling to find info on the rearsets, ask your mate to make you up some jack up plates for your existing standard ones. You may need to extend the gear lever linkage rod to suit, remember it has a left hand thread at one end, but you can cut and extend it.

When I'm back in the workshop next week I'll measure mine for you. I think I have a drawing for some NC30 jack up plates as well.

When I was using my VFR on the track, I removed the big rubbery riders footpegs, and fitted the pillion pegs on the front for that extra last millimeter of ground clearance.

Thanks blow_away,

jack-up plates will be the way to go for the near future but in the long run I am looking for someting in the way of diamond racing or rairotec (trw-lucas) style setups.

Looking forward to you measuring up those NC30 mounts, thanks for that in advance :):)

Hey ZZ, here's the sketch

4362783079_902c017987_b.jpg

Sorry, you appear to be out of luck - the NC30 template I have, and the steelie CBR 600 I measured use 70mm centres

You could however make up the plate to convert 80mm to 70mm IYSWIM

We made the jack up plates from 10mm thick HE30, take care cutting the threads and make sure you are happy that they are strong enough. The plates are handed by the countersink side.

Sounds silly but if you have the Rassk plates why not use them and buy some pegs??

Or got to your local breakers and ask to sift through there box of pegs and see what either fits or can be modified to fit!

not much help really but just a couple or Ideas. :rolleyes:

Sounds silly but if you have the Rassk plates why not use them and buy some pegs??

Or got to your local breakers and ask to sift through there box of pegs and see what either fits or can be modified to fit!

not much help really but just a couple or Ideas. :dribble:

Any Ideas are welcome!

But Raasks are out of the equation because the plates are mounted using spacers to actuelly clear the swing arm so they alone stick out way too much....

My "local breaker" last time nearly ended with a broken arm after he wanted 50€ for a bend cbr600F gear lever.....

Archived