Rusty rotors.

Harry Muff

Just a general query because I am bored.

'06 Blade. Standard brake set up except EBC HH pads and HEL lines.

When it rains, they rust up.

I thought they were stainless steel and didn't rust? None of my other bikes have had this.

I know it'll be gone the first time I ride it and it stops on a sixpence, but I can't help wondering why it's happening.

Like I said, I'm bored...

only bike I've had that does this really badly had EBC pro-lite discs. rusted up quicker than a rusty thing on national rust day in the chinese year of the rust

Its probably metal transferred from the sintered pads onto the discs.

That makes sense.

coat the discs and pads liberally in WD40, that will stop them going rusty :D

I've got some in the garage, I'll give them a spray when I get home. :thumbsup:

This is my guess too. Change of pads might solve the rusting problem.

Funnily enough, I only recently put the HHs on. Guess when the rusting started?!

Anyhoo, like I said, I'm not bothered by it. Just confused, but less so now! PB Forum does it again. :D

Funnily enough, I only recently put the HHs on. Guess when the rusting started?!

I know a lot of folk rate the EBC stuff, pads, disks etc but i personally think they are sh!te. If i was looking for an equivalent pad, then i'd be looking at SBS, Vesrah or Ferodo. In my opinion they are the only brand of quality pads out there.

Will

I had some Vesrah pads on last time. Don't know what they were called but they were in a yellow packet. No complaints other than they only lasted about 6 months of commuting. Which I think is about 1500 miles!

coat the discs and pads liberally in WD40, that will stop them going rusty :tacheemoticonwh7:

I do hope this was meant in jest

Everyone knows that WD40 will simply wash off with road salt - you'd need ACF50 at the very least, or Waxoyl for the intrepid adventurer

I do hope this was meant in jest

Everyone knows that WD40 will simply wash off with road salt - you'd need ACF50 at the very least, or Waxoyl for the intrepid adventurer

Duh, sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. I thought he was after something to keep the discs shiny when the bike was not in use, ie. in between rides.

if you want something more designed for when the bike is in use, then personally I don't favour Waxoyl. I mean, it does the job and everything, but it makes a right fucking mess.

I'd go for some proper LM grease [Castrol is my fave] - the high melting point makes it ideally suitable for brake applications. Keeps your wheel bearings and spindles in good condition, too. Which is nice :tacheemoticonwh7:

Archived