Battery Cable

Hendo

Got myself one of these batteries - http://www.carbon-speed.com/prod.htm , but unfortuately the leads arnt long enough.

Does anyone know where I can get some of this cable from?

Its 8AWG (American Wire Gauge, just slightly less than 10mm2) thickness, and very very flexible. Even our equivelant tri-rated cable isnt anywhere near as flexible. Its also very 'wispy' and thin stranded.

SDC11711.jpg

SDC11713.jpg

SDC11714.jpg

SDC11715.jpg

Anyone know where I could get such cable, or what type of cable it is?

Cheers

Andy

The only place I can think of are these folks:

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-...me/homepage.php

Thanks, but I emailed then a week ago, with the same pictures and didnt even get a response from them. I'm still searching the web looking, was just hoping someone could tell me exactly what type of cable it is.

Should also add, the insulation is very rubbery and the cable itself is silver.

Cheers

Andy

I've got a load of stuff that's at least similar, had it for a while, it's obviously a high silicon content on the rubber, it's really flexible, but I don't know the size off the top of my head. How much do you need, I'll see if I can spare a foot or so of it.

I've got a load of stuff that's at least similar, had it for a while, it's obviously a high silicon content on the rubber, it's really flexible, but I don't know the size off the top of my head. How much do you need, I'll see if I can spare a foot or so of it.

12" is exactly what I'm after lorenzo.

If you do have some, if you could let me know and I will be more than happy to paypal you some coin over. Do you have it in red?

The size is 8AWG which is about 8.3mm cross sectional area. The whole cable including insulation is thinner than a biro pen if its any help.

Cheers

Andy

If its not long enough just replace the whole piece with something suitable.

Whats your thoughts on the battery so far?

I was going to do that, but the space is quite tight and this cable is ideal. If I dont have any luck, I will just solder some tri-rated on.

The battery is awesome, it only weighs 0.6kilo compared to 3kg+ for the standard battery, and spins the engine way better than th old one, even my KTM, a 625cc single cylinder hi-compression beast.

It took over 2 months to arrive though, and I very nearly cancelled the order. Cost around £150 for the 8cell one when I bought it.

Andy

EDIT - I also asked for them to put 12" leads on when I bought it, which wouldnt be a problem they said. But alas, it arrived with shitty 5" leads on.

How are you attaching the battery cables to your bikes cables?

In the pictures, on the website, they appear to be just bolted together, covered with a sleeve and then left hanging loose.

I'd be looking at fitting something like thisa_bobbinmount02.jpg inside the battery box or to the frame and then bolting the positive cables together on the top.

How are you attaching the battery cables to your bikes cables?

In the pictures, on the website, they appear to be just bolted together, covered with a sleeve and then left hanging loose.

I'd be looking at fitting something like thisa_bobbinmount02.jpg inside the battery box or to the frame and then bolting the positive cables together on the top.

On mine the negative goes straight onto the frame, and if the cable was around 10" long the positive would go straight onto the starter solonoid.

Unfortunately Ive already butchered the original cable, but that bobbin certainly would have been a good idea.

Ive had a think about it, and size-wise I'm not that fussed about as long as it roughly the same size as the original cable, its the actual flexibility of the cable im after.

Andy

I've got some well flexible battery cable, about the right dia but not the same core type. Normal copper strand. pm your address and I'll pop a bit in the post if you want it.

Arse. Forgot to get over to the garage today to get that cable for you. If tootall's no help, I'll have another go at using my memory tomorrow, although it has been known to be a little faulty in the past.

I've got some well flexible battery cable, about the right dia but not the same core type. Normal copper strand. pm your address and I'll pop a bit in the post if you want it.

Thanks for the offer tootall, but I can get normal stuff from work. Thanks again though.

Lorenzo - I'm going to have a ratch around some local motorfactors etc this weekend, and also raid my works store, so I'll see if I can come up with anything local first. If not I'll possibly send you a PM.

Cheers Guys

Andy

This wire looks like the stuff i used to use when i raced rc cars. I have actually recycled some of it from old cars for use in the yzf due to the flexibility. My source for the wire was apexmodels or modelsport. They are still going and have websites so try them.

http://www.apexmodels.com/index.php?sid=50...L&SUBMIT=Go

Archived