Stripping Studs

Inbred

I have managed to strip the thread on one of my sprocket carrier studs. I was using a torque wrench but the thread has still stripped.

I have approached Suzuki for a replacement but they only supply them as a whole sprocket carrier assembly (approximately £140 :D ).

The studs can be extracted (I want to change them all in case my torque wrench needs calibrating) I just don't know where to go for replacements seeing as Suzuki won't supply them.

Any help is gratefully appreciated.

i could well be wrong but , could you go to a supplier of nuts , bolts ect . i'm sure they could get high tensile steel studs :)

That is plan b

But I am after OE parts first or as close to it as I can get (ie with the blank halfway down) because I am more than a bit anal.

Think the only option would be a used one from a breakers/ebay, if suzook say they only sell as a whole i cant see you having much luck other than going to a fastener supplier(which no doubt will be of better quality)

They are M10 x 1.25p

Its all sorted now, I sent a stud to Redcar Suzuki and they located 5 replacements (£15 inc p+p), a service above any beyond expectation especially as they to could have just said 'rear sprocket carrier £136 then mate'.

In case anyone else plans to change the rear sprocket on their GSXR 600/750 K6/K7 the service manual advises the wrong torques spec. 93nm is incorrect ad the internet tells me that it should be 60nm as amended by service bulletin 150.

Thanks to everyone for there help.

Archived