CBR600RR bit's on CBR1000RR.

Bernster

Anyone know if some bike manufacturers that sell exhausts and link pipes for the CBR600RR would fit the CBR1000RR?

I've seen a tasty Akrapovic one for a CBR600RR which looks like it might fit but I'm unsure of the angle of the link pipe or the diameter of the tubing.

I bet they don't fit but worth asking. :icon_blackeye:

now im not saying this is 100% correct but when i looked at the micron race pipe on a friends 04 cbr6 it looked completely different angle and shape to the pipe on by blade so i doubt any will fit both bikes.

i of course wait to be proved wrong though :icon_blackeye:

Anyone know if some bike manufacturers that sell exhausts and link pipes for the CBR600RR would fit the CBR1000RR?

I've seen a tasty Akrapovic one for a CBR600RR which looks like it might fit but I'm unsure of the angle of the link pipe or the diameter of the tubing.

I bet they don't fit but worth asking. :D

What year 600RR does it fit?

I suppose when you think about it, the distance from the headers is roughly the same and the capacity is a whole 400cc more, so the pipes will have to be a different diameter to handle the flow correctly.

It details a CBR600RR7, but I think the diameter of the link pipe looks slightly less than that of the 1 litre.

It'd be a bodge, but you could probably make it fit.... you would then end up with a 'works japanese superbike' lookalikey with an undertail exhaust which is proper on the piss....

You'll probably find that the angle of the linkpipe that runs up the r/h side of the bike may be different, (most likely will be) due to the subframe being totally different etc, hmmm probably more bother than it's worth...

Archived