Cleaning Up engine casings

jezz

Need to clean up my engine casings on the triple engine I bought a couple of weeks ago. The bare ally castings are blotchy from oxidisation/corrosion - what can I use to get them back to looking factory fresh-ish. I don't wanto polish, and I'm undecided what colour if any to paint the casings after I've cleaned the up.

Is it just a case of getting the wet & dry out to rub of the fur???

Cheers in advance..... :eusa_wall:

Funnily enough, I did the dishwasher thing last night with a cylinder head. It's come up well, removed all the greasy stuff pretty well (finish powerball, only the finest for your motorbike parts), but it's struggled with the sooty deposits around the exhaust ports etc. it has still left it looking a bit blotchy, but not too bad. I'm going to give it a good spray down with WD40 and a rubbing over with a cloth, should sort most of it out.

Dishwasher worked fine for me.

31082008673.jpg

31082008674.jpg

31082008687.jpg

01092008690.jpg

You do need to spray it with WD40 and give it a rub down as the salt in the dishwashing tablets can leave oxidation.

Need to clean up my engine casings on the triple engine I bought a couple of weeks ago. The bare ally castings are blotchy from oxidisation/corrosion - what can I use to get them back to looking factory fresh-ish. I don't wanto polish, and I'm undecided what colour if any to paint the casings after I've cleaned the up.

Is it just a case of getting the wet & dry out to rub of the fur???

Cheers in advance..... ;)

Just get

:P slightly O.C.D. but not a bad result in the end!

Archived