Adjusters on rear shock are seized

will#224

Its going to be stripped and rebuilt by a pro anyway. The adjusters appear to be brass, is it easy to swap these for something more durable?

Whats on the back of these adjusters? I've stripped forks but never rear shocks. Anyone got a schematic drawing so i can have a nosey?

Its a 2001 ish gsxr standard (kayaba?) shock.

cheers

Will

The key to it all is being able to get the spring off. To get all the oil in etc you need to get it pumped about a bit, and with the spring on you won't be able to do it, unless you're extra strong and masculine like hipringles Mrs.

If their just seized, try moulding some plasticine around them in a cup shape and pour in some wd40/gt85 and leave to soak, worked for me

Plastecine in a workshop thread: is this a first? I'm liking that suggestion a lot.

I've removed the adjuster competley from the body now and submerge the whole thing in plus gas.

I think i've also bought an Ohlins. Just waiting on the person accepting my offer on ebay

Plastecine in a workshop thread: is this a first? I'm liking that suggestion a lot.

Can also use blu tack for those without kids or a limited supply of morph characters :thumbsup:

Archived