RGV500 emulsion tube problems

kennylevi

Please help . RG500 motor K&N pod air filters carbs bored to 30.4 off set rotary valve ports all matched rotary valves machined to match ,cap screws counter sunk for flow into motor ,barrells all matched for port height ,squish set at .9mm and compressor just above standard ,Hand made expansion chambers .

Problem. Emulsion tubes seem to large . Used standard emulsion tubes (p5) on top clip ,1/4 1/ 3/4 and full no good just bogs .Used (p3)emlusion tubes 1/4 1/2 3/4 and full no good and bogs .But when you back off the throtle it dose pick up a little bit.. Now i made a set of needles that are much fatter around the 1/4 1/2 3/4 settings .These work ok average for the 1/4 1/2 and real good on 3/4 and now the main jets work well at 230 mains .But the accurey of the emulsion tubes is not good .

Question is I need a set of (best quess) O-7 emulsion tubes . But as any one that knows RGs the carbs were specialy made for the Suzuki RG 500 so have a 504 part number which of course dose not match any thing in the Mikuni charts .

Can any one help . I have tryed team show in go in Austrialia but have lost commuications with them .

You can check out the RGV500 on the PB forum under project bikes RGV500

Top work on making your own needles!

If your stock needles were worn I'd suggest the set-up may be affected by worn needle jets too.

I am surprised you are having so many problems. BDK offset bored the carbs on both my RG570 engines to 31.5mm and I was able to set them up on a dyno without any issues (using Mr Dents Air filters) and no need to change the emulsion tubes, got a nice CO reading of 8% across the rev range (slightly rich for safety!), with a lovely throttle response. Maybe who ever did the boring messed something up?

I am surprised you are having so many problems. BDK offset bored the carbs on both my RG570 engines to 31.5mm and I was able to set them up on a dyno without any issues (using Mr Dents Air filters) and no need to change the emulsion tubes, got a nice CO reading of 8% across the rev range (slightly rich for safety!), with a lovely throttle response. Maybe who ever did the boring messed something up?

You make a good point as no other Rg web site forum has ever talked about the standard carbs needing new emulsion tubes . But in saying that an engine that is more effenicent can often use less fuel to make the same power .

But i have tryed all of the above settings on a set of standard cabs first with the same result. Then I decided to bore the carbs on the mill in the hope that it would make the air flow to fuel ratio different (A long shot I know)

Please firer any ideas back my way ,you never know it coud just be what im after or a mistake ive made.

Archived