Who Paints Magnesium Wheels (Need Help)

micro-monkey

Have just fitted a set of 3 spoke dymags to the rvf and to be honest am not happy with the greyish,graphite colour as it does nothing for the bike. It would look so much better in gloss black but with dymag going under i wondered if any of you happen to know a company who repaint mag wheels.

Cheers

MM

Mikris Finishers in Stroud mate.

Tel: 01453 763873, talk to Chris, tell him Jamie from Maynard's sent you.

:thumbsup:

Playing with Hillman Imps again?

Cheers for the help lads, will def give mikris a try being in stroud and me in gloucester. :thumbsup:

Playing with Hillman Imps again?

How did you guess?

Between Maynard and Chris I reckon they've got half the remaining Imps in the uk. Certainly some of the fastest/lightest/most stupid. Mark's tarmac car now has 140bhp running on throttle bodies, 6 speed sequential box and weighs 400ish kg. Silly.

@ Micro Monkey

Spoke to Chris today and he said no worries, just give him a bell.

If you need them picked up/delivered to Mikris/collected and dropped off to you then just ask, I'm in gloucester a few times a week, and at Mikris pretty much every day.

Jamie

How did you guess?

Between Maynard and Chris I reckon they've got half the remaining Imps in the uk. Certainly some of the fastest/lightest/most stupid. Mark's tarmac car now has 140bhp running on throttle bodies, 6 speed sequential box and weighs 400ish kg. Silly.

Jamie

Used to play with Imps a few years ago and the name Maynards rang a bell. My mate had a really nice convertable Imp, which was quite famous in Imp circles, I had a Clan Crusader which I started out puting a GSXR1100 motor in.

Sorry for the thread drift.

Cheers Jamie

I can drop them off myself as i know dudbridge quite well. To be honest i was getting worried as have had 7 e-mails today from companies saying they will not touch magnesium or to send them back to dymag even though i mentioned in the e-mail (!!!with dymag going under!!!), can they not read :P .

Before i can do anything i need to get this nc30 stripped, cleaned and ready for resale, as i only bought the bike really for the dymags and WP shock, stupid i know but these wheels are impossible to find. With the money that has gone into this purchase and the modding of the YZF, i am well and truly skint so need to get some funds back before i next do something!!!

How much did you pay to get your wheels done by mikris roughly ??

Cheers

Al

i only bought the bike really for the dymags and WP shock, stupid i know but these wheels are impossible to find.

If it makes ya feel any better i would have done exactly the same :P

Get some before pics up, you can never see enough bikes with dymags, even if the colour is off.

Hello Tony

Glad to think im not the only one who would be stupid enough to do this. Got the nc30 yesterday and apart from a few marks on the paint which could be sorted for a few quid, its a nice bike overall apart from the shock being set up for a 9st lady, former 400grey member too so when 14st me sits on it, it drags it's arse a bit. Nothing a different spring cannot sort out though. Will get some pics up when i fit em properly to the rvf but heres a previous link to the nc30 bike i bought. Am hoping for 1900 for the bike without the wp shock or mags (standard rims fitted). I know you said 2200 was a bit too optimistic but i think the price i am going to ask is reachable.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1990-HONDA-MULTI-COL...=item4cec087b90

Cheers

Alex

ahhh so thats the bike you brought, it looks in better shape than i thought from your first description. Its been done in a decent colour scheme to. I think that'll fly out your hands at £1900. Not my cup of tea but one of the better looking tyga's which are always popular to first timers

Archived