fuel injection question

b1h karl

with an fi bike how would you know if the injecters are out of balance...what would be the symptoms and what rev range would it show it self at its worst...

cheers

Innjectors out of balance? They're usually fed by a common fuel rail so you'd have the same pressure along them all, unless one was knackered. If by injector balance, you mean the throttle bodies, then I'd imagine that the signs would be the same as unbalanced carbs: poor idling, hestitant pick-up etc.

Innjectors out of balance? They're usually fed by a common fuel rail so you'd have the same pressure along them all, unless one was knackered. If by injector balance, you mean the throttle bodies, then I'd imagine that the signs would be the same as unbalanced carbs: poor idling, hestitant pick-up etc.

tks lorenzo,i definately mean throttle bodies :shock:

Right, first sign of the injectors needing balancing is usually rough running at very small throttle openings, so if you feel like the bikes about to stall going round a small roundabout, that could be the culprit... or it may be your TPS(Throttle Position Sensor) needs adjusting.

In my experience throttle bodies need doing every couple of years. Luckily for me my mate has a set of gauges.

Can you use carb vacuum gauges for a ingection bike (03 zx6r etc)?

Archived