R1 Giving it some.

Spiceburger

Kin ell!!

Had to watch it twice to find see what happened :rock:

Bet the car driver shat himself too if they saw him??

Well we can't blame the car driver for not see'ing him this time.

Have had similair happen to me before, getting a bit spirited up in Scotland and a guy reversed out of his drive and then froze when he saw me, there was an oncoming vehicle which i managed to squeeze between.

All at about 130ish on my R1!!!

I dont think I could think as fast as he did, I recon I would have just locked up and bang!

Good job I dont ride as mental as that on roads with junctions and blind corners.

I dont think I could think as fast as he did,

Id say it was more just reaction than having to think.Plenty of experence at it id say. :D

Still reckon he had to change afterwards though.

Incredible reactions.

Agreed

what a fucking twat. that could have been you or someone from your family driving that car. you had no chance of seeing the bike. take that kind of riding to a track, ffs.

Truth if ever that often accidents occur as a result of people not going fast enough. Sure I bet the driver checked and when he did there was nothing there but.... Meh! That R1 actually went through the car, thanks to his speed he passed through it.... Perfect example. ;)

Not actually knocking the riders abilities with the bike, just the context of risking killing innocents just cos you wanna have a blat. luckily for everyone, the road was wider because of that junction. different story if the car had have pulled off a driveway :eusa_whistle:

That would be the kind of ride where i might park it up in the garage afterwards and ask myself some questions about exactly how much longer i'm intending existing on this planet.....and seriously upgrading my four-leafed clover keyring.

Not put me off an R1 tho'. Is nice. I like.

Give over. All of us at some point have ridden dangerously.

I think it's cool, I like bikes being ridden fast. And I'm glad no-one got hurt.

not that dangerously round a corner where there are side roads :pbtwerplr3: senseless...

Craziness. The dude didn't even think about rolling off for that junction..

I rate it..

30% junction sign blindness

60% luck

10% ninja-like reactions in a certain-death situation

Give over. All of us at some point have ridden dangerously.

I think it's cool, I like bikes being ridden fast. And I'm glad no-one got hurt.

We do have to remember as bikers that if that bloke had hit the drivers side door he would of killed him. People in cars are nt invincible. But yes I am guilty of riding like a twat sometimes.

Josh, once you crash on the road after riding like a twat and somehow get away with it, you will think twice about riding like that again.

Ask me how I know! glad no one got hurt but riding like that is for the track IMHO.

Edit- Not saying you ride like a twat Josh BTW talkin about the R1 dude

Actually I have had a crash pretty similar to that. It was the other driver's fault but it could have been avoided by me going a bit slower round the corner. But still, as I've said, it's a risk i accept.

Perhaps if I had wife/kids etc I'd feel differently.

I can totally see everybody's point that he should have slowed down, and I think I would have slowed there too. But we are all, from time to time, guilty of taking a little bit more risk in exachange for more fun, so I think it's kind of hiporitical to slate him for doing just that.

Wrong thread i know but have you had your day in court yet?

I can totally see everybody's point that he should have slowed down, and I think I would have slowed there too. But we are all, from time to time, guilty of taking a little bit more risk in exchange for more fun, so I think it's kind of hypocritical to slate him for doing just that.

Agreed.I too am guilty of riding like a plick on a weekly basis most of the times on roads I know but occasionally on roads I don't know either.If I feel comfortable and can read the road I do like to dance.I think we all get our fixes from our bikes in different ways and if I'm tbh its the roads that do it for me.Yes I do allot of track days but its roads that get my juices going so while I do see the point of how blessed he was I would be a hypocrite to slate him either.

Archived