Derestrict Japan imp RC30,45,OW01 & ZXR750R ?

roosracing

If I am not mistaken, most Jap bikes are restricted mostly on speed, Honda's are generally restricted by the speedo, there is a sesor which detected the postion of the needle on the guage hence the availablilty of the convertors from the mail order chaps as they fool the speedo..... or am I completely wrong

+1

JDM machines are usually the same engine spec as UK models with no power restriction. Any restriction is speed related.

nope JDM bikes are 77bhp (well the RC30, owo1 are)

the speed only related bikes are the ones that make less than 77 as standard (NC30 for example)

New carbs, cams, cdi and exhaust I think for the RC30.

nope , just get a good pipe on it is all you really need ,there are small differances with CDI ,carbs ,air filter ,but not worth bothering about

my jap 30 i got direct of the importer ,i just put a micron can and link pipe on with the standard headers ,105bhp

They've not been power restricted since at least 2000, had an imported y2k JDM ZX12R that was full power.

does not mean your zx12 did not leave the factory restricted

but how many rc30,45 owo1s ,do you know that where made after 2000 :eusa_dance:

to be far the japs are not daft ,how many of these owo1 rc30,45s that are still in japan and still restricted to 77bhp ,i bet theres not many

my NSR left the factory with 45rwhp , i got that as a fresh import and it made 57rwhp

Back in the 90's the JDM limit for 250's was 45 (then 40)bhp, the 400 limit was 60 (then 55)bhp. And the top speed was resticted to 180km/h (ish??).

The NSR's were made to make 60odd bhp very easily, all the mc18 or mc21 need are a couple of wires on the CDI splicing togeather, in fact the early mc18 only needs a bullet connector unplugging.

All the 400's only made 57-60bhp anyway, so were just restricted on top speed.

Archived