Indicators light up but won't flash.

Big_Kingy

Import CG125. Indicators light up when switched on but won't flash.

Tried the relay from my Fireblade as it looks the same but the indicators did nothing and the relay made a buzzing noise.

Ordered a new import CG125 relay (from Honda dealer) and fitted it just now but it's doing the same thing that the Fireblade relay done (indicators not doing anything, relay buzzing).

Now I'm thinking they've given me the wrong relay as surely the correct one would at least do the same as the old one or fix the problem.

Any ideas peeps?

Keep it simple if ya can, I'm shit with electrics :rock: .

Is this with the engine running?? If not try starting it up and see what happens!!

Check the earth wires from the indicators??

The unit wouldn't work from you blade you need one for a CG but they should only be less than a £5.00.

The relay was £31 from main dealer as it's not a common UK model. Searched the internet for hours but got the same price from only one other place that sold it.

Where will the earth wire start?

If the battery is low then this can happen even if the engine runs fine. Dunno why, same on my little bros bike but not worth fixing on that as it's too old to need indicators.

If the battery is low then this can happen even if the engine runs fine. Dunno why, same on my little bros bike but not worth fixing on that as it's too old to need indicators.

The relay requires the bulbs to take a certain amount of current before the parts inside heatup and cause the flasher to operate. If the volts are low (weak/bad battery) or the bulbs are not the correct watt rating the flasher will either not flash or flash at the wrong speed. If the battery is good, I suspect you have the wrong wattage bulbs in your indicators!! Take a look, the relay usually states the wattage as 2x21W + 4W meaning you need two 21Watt bulbs (one in the front indicator and one in the rear indicator) plus a 4Watt bulb in the instrument panel. See what is marked on the relay and compare the numbers with the bulbs that you have fitted.

Archived