track bike igintion key options?

monty_zac

Lost the key to the NC30 at the last track day I did, now to stop messing about and the chance to loose it again, what are my options to remove the key switch altogether?

What do other track bikes use that dont run a total loss system, there must be a simple method here.

I am thinking about breaking the lock so it will turn with anything, but in case I decide to keep it and get another key cut, what circuit does turning the key make, can I short something in the electrickry to switch it on?

well there are ways to wire your kill switch up so that it is the on and off! not to sure how but im sure someone will explain!

:eusa_wall:

or.. if i remember correctly, TriGGer has a sort of loop key ring wrapped around his brake reservoir, that way... it essentially shouldn't do a runner :eusa_whistle:;)

Yeh I wired a second 'killswitch' on the trackbike to remove the risk of me losing/forgetting the key

Obviously on newer Honda's you cannot get around the HISS system, so I removed the transponder from the key, and the receiver ring from around the ignition, glued them together and fitted them under the tank cover...

SNV80149.jpg

The ignition is wired into the L/H handlebar switch, and the R/H is the normal kill-switch & starter

I imagine this would be even easier to wire into on the NC30 than it was on mine :eusa_whistle:

Ive got the cagimaha rigged up keyless at the moment. If you have a wiring diagram for the bike, remove the key switch and connect all the wires that would be connected when the key is in the "on" position. Then run a toggle switch either on the dash or even just on the +ve lead from the battery. If you have removed the starter motor too then you don't even need a battery isolator and can just use a kill switch to stop the engine. Hppe this helps, Ben.

I just leave the key in the ignition all the time. Stops me having to look for the key.

The "trouble" with using the kill switch to isolate the ignition is that it is all too easy for some dickweed to fiddle with the switch whilst you are at the riders briefing, leaving you with a flat battery for your first session a la Sparx55 at Oulton last year.

Archived