First Two Stroke?

tsp

The only 2Ts I've ever ridden have been a Gilera Runner and a Sherco 290 so I am as inexperienced as it comes when it comes to all things smelly! :icon_bounce:

What I'm wondering is, what would a good starter 2T be?

I fancy a 'classic' road bike and I wouldn't mind a stroker too, so I am going to try and combine the 2.

I never ride my bikes that much, so reliability ect isn't a massive issue, coolness most defineately is though!

I with I'd bought an X7 a couple of years ago when they were cheap! :eusa_whistle:

What are your suggestions?!

(Money, unfortunately is an issue by the way haha!)

yam 350lc YPVS

money might be an issue tho, people want silly money these days.

Good fun bikes.

A 1908 suzuki X-1 50....but to do it properly you neeeeed to try a gamma 500, at least once in your life!

3xv TZR250

GP cool and they're out there for reasonable money.

ring ding ding

Sorry mate but gamma 500s are the ultimate! But a well sorted 350 valve will hit the spot...funny that you spend years trying to get the fastest/best/this week's coulles du chien only to find yourself wearing rose tinted spectacles over the very same shite you wanted rid of 15 years previously!! Pre power valve LC it is then! Trust me, the LC is slower but seems far more involving than any YPVS!

Although I could be tempted with another 4T if I could find a GSXR like yours Banoffe :D

it does kind of go like a 2-stroke ;)

whilst building it I did have a few strokers than came and went...

bikepics-424507-full.jpg

bikepics-424508-full.jpg

bikepics-492968-full.jpg

years ago I had these..

bikepics-455608-full.jpg

bikepics-455607-full.jpg

bikepics-455606-full.jpg

bikepics-455604-full.jpg

wish I'd kept all of them now! the RG500 desperately needed some updated running gear and the RS350 needed finishing. money and time went on the slabby instead, am glad they did now really.

TDR! Now THAT is a bit of kit!!!

Lovely line up mate, you have impeccible taste :D

why thanks :blush:. got that TDR brand new. serious wheelies. everywhere. :lol:

As your only up the road I'll have to make sure I come to visit your museum when you open it :icon_salut:

Love the TZR on the obligatory peroid oversize AM22/23's! Scrapetastic!

Early VJ21 RGV250s seem to be out of favour (again) with the money going towards the VJ22s. So, there's potential there to get a (relative) bargain.

You'll need deep pockets if you want to start thinking about the, last of the line, VJ23 model.

Thinkin' of Kwak's for a moment; a KR1-S might be a simliar proposition? There's a few that bobble about and prices seem to be pretty 'reasonable'.

Non-power valve Yam's are a bit of a grey area as well. 'Coffin' tank RDs and the like don't seem to bring a lot of money.

G

Rs 250 vote again

I would vote RS250 as well (I've got one), but the prices are (still!) rising and the parts aren't cheap.

Just like the RGV250 (which it shares most of the engine with) a set of pistons, gaskets and rings isn't going to blow a rebuild budget, but if you get into barrels (possible re-plating) and maybe even a set of power-valves, then 'bargain' rebuilds are out of the window.

There's little point in putting 'standard' (OE) parts back into the engine (unless it's a set of Suzuki pistons), so again you start having to invest in (more expensive) gaskets (e.g. Cometic), power-valves (e.g. CCR) etc etc...

If you aim to move things up a level ('tuning') then you can say goodbye to even more money... I don't even want to think about the money that I spent on 'proper' kit ignition boxes, exhausts, jets and the like.

Anyways, t'is all good (2-smoke) fun, eh?

G

vj21s make great cheap track bikes too. mine was a lot of fun around the brands indy and in-between every session people would come to see, hear and smell the 2-stroke. shit I want another one now :rolleyes:

bikepics-1848406-800.jpg

ns400r :shock:

untill you have to look for a crank !!!!

:rolleyes:

I would vote RS250 as well (I've got one), but the prices are (still!) rising and the parts aren't cheap.

everyone that is into performance bikes have a Rs250 there great i miss mine

I want another one !!!!

3 strokers inst enough in the garage

Archived