Electrical conundrum also..

fuelline

600 Monster 2000 model.

Bike had been running shit not dropping onto one cylinder running on two but with fuck all power barely enough to pull the skin of the proverbial rice pudding..dropped it into the lads at Rosso Corse a week or so back..they replaced the ignition control unit with a second hand one. Happy days. For a bit.

Been running fine through the last week, and weekend. This morning going into work as I pulled away it stalled, I thought what a silly duffer...I've stalled..it would'nt re-start give a clicking t't't't't't' sound. Off the road tank up squeezed all terminals battery and everything thing else I could see. All well. no joy off the starter again. Bump started...perfect off I went.

Checked during the day she fired up.

After work no joy but bump started easily. On the way home lights poor, horn crap better with lights off..another ignition unit or just a fucked battery..or both?

600 Monster 2000 model.

Bike had been running shit not dropping onto one cylinder running on two but with fuck all power barely enough to pull the skin of the proverbial rice pudding..dropped it into the lads at Rosso Corse a week or so back..they replaced the ignition control unit with a second hand one. Happy days. For a bit.

Been running fine through the last week, and weekend. This morning going into work as I pulled away it stalled, I thought what a silly duffer...I've stalled..it would'nt re-start give a clicking t't't't't't' sound. Off the road tank up squeezed all terminals battery and everything thing else I could see. All well. no joy off the starter again. Bump started...perfect off I went.

Checked during the day she fired up.

After work no joy but bump started easily. On the way home lights poor, horn crap better with lights off..another ignition unit or just a fucked battery..or both?

I ahd this happen to my Yamaha SR125 and it turned out to be a combination of a poor main earth and a fecked battery. Whether the poor earth done the battery in I don't know. I replaced the battery first and then noticed that there was a lot of rust on the frame where the earth was.

Cheers also thought about chucking a new battery in it looks old and I've had the bike for a couple of years..also wondered about the reg/rect after seeing Harry's thread..

Cheers chaps, having my tea then I'll pop down and have a look..

If the battery is more than 3 years old then it's probably creamed

check it's standing voltage 12.5 to 13.5 volts

if it's below 12 v then it's a bin job.

Next get it running and check again across battery

should be over 13.5 v if not your alternator or Reg/rec is donald-ducked

good luck Keith

New reg/rec and new battery..running like a dream..cheers all..

Archived