5 ways to make burnouts look difficult..

JC900RR

I remember getting it wrong on my first few attempts - it would've looked like the first guy.

But then again, I didn't have a camera pointed at me at the time.

Late at night, car park away from everything, clutch damage aplenty...

I thinks it just been my hamfistedness but I've never had a problem giving it a hand full of throttle whilst holding the brake on :rolleyes:

Always do one before replacing a back tyre..

Never had a problem. My only problem now is telling myself "she's an art student, she's not gonna be impressed by that. stop it. it's a public place. you're on a restricted license, stop drawing attention to yourself..."

"...but go on 'cos you know even if she doesn't like it her mate might" :D

Got peer pressured into doing my first ever burnout outide the college by a bunch of mates waiting for the bus... A loud can on a VFR is good, but not in earshot of the form tutor. And there wasn't even any clunge to impress at that campus... massive fail :eusa_dance:

My first attempt was pretty much like the first video too.. But I did it at the back of an empty car park to hide my shame. I always have a practice when I change my tyres. I can just about do highchair doughnuts now, but I know if I tried to do it in front of a camera I'd end up on my arse..

My worst burnout fail was when I was going on a trip with a friend to the coast. We'd stopped off at Box Hill on the way, and when we were leaving I thought I'd show her how much of a biking god I was. I tried a burnout with a shagged clutch, got the revs up, dumped the clutch and erm.. well the only thing that burnt out was the clutch, which was totally fried. If I'd have farted and burped at the same time she'd have been more impressed. Anyway, ended up having to stash my bike by the cafe for the weekend as left for the coast two up on her SV650. Happy days.. :wtfmore:

Archived