Bike Bench Needed!

rusty

I need ideas for a bike bench for my garage.

I don't have loads to spend and it doesn't have to be a fancy hydraulic thing, just something that I can run the bike up onto to save me scratching about on the floor when I'm working on it.

I was thinking along the lines of a frame made up from lengths of 4x2 with something like kitchen worktop on top as a work surface.

What do you guys use?

Focus DIY have those foldy aluminium step platform things for £15 each. You need two.

Kitchen worktop (preferably 40mm thick) bolted across the top.

Bit of scaffold plank for a ramp.

Et voila... one fold-flat paddock bench that lifts your bike about 18" off the floor.

Your knees will love you :eusa_wall: .

focus diy!!!posh hayy..

give the miss's £20 to nip out for some bears,when the door shut,rip the kitchen table out put it in garage and wa'la bike bench,she comes back with cans,so you can have a drink and admire your work... :icon_salut: and wonder how to get bike up to table?...rip the kitchen door off and hay presto work bench ramp.... :beerchug:

focus diy!!!posh hayy..

give the miss's £20 to nip out for some bears,when the door shut,rip the kitchen table out put it in garage and wa'la bike bench,she comes back with cans,so you can have a drink and admire your work... :beerchug: and wonder how to get bike up to table?...rip the kitchen door off and hay presto work bench ramp.... :beerchug:

It's a brave man who'll fuck up a woman's kitchen when she's bringing bears back!

:icon_salut:

bikebenchpl3.jpg

dsc00244zs4.jpg

I knocked one together for about £15

Three decent builders planks, with cross-member bracing underneath - the whole thing held up with three stacks of three breeze-blocks (two stacks length ways at the ends, one stack longways in the middle)

Steady as a rock and cheap!

-John

Archived