Good dyno centre in hampshire

Gregorious77

As title, me and a mate at work thought it would be nice to have our bikes setup right.

Mine is 99 ZX6R 10,800 miles which has K&N filter, stage 1 dynojet kit and IXIL Ti Can, I have balanced the carbs but it still runs a bit rough at small throttle openings and smells a bit rich at idle, doesnt seem to run right on the choke in the morning etc.

Mate has a 97 TLS with the smallest custom cans I have ever seen so could do with setting up.

might try and get a few other people along too make a day of it.

Anyone know any good dyno places on the south coast?

I have looked around on the web and all I can see is power comander setups but I need someone good with carbs.

What sort of money will I be parting with here too?

Greg

As title, me and a mate at work thought it would be nice to have our bikes setup right.

Mine is 99 ZX6R 10,800 miles which has K&N filter, stage 1 dynojet kit and IXIL Ti Can, I have balanced the carbs but it still runs a bit rough at small throttle openings and smells a bit rich at idle, doesnt seem to run right on the choke in the morning etc.

Mate has a 97 TLS with the smallest custom cans I have ever seen so could do with setting up.

might try and get a few other people along too make a day of it.

Anyone know any good dyno places on the south coast?

I have looked around on the web and all I can see is power comander setups but I need someone good with carbs.

What sort of money will I be parting with here too?

Greg

I can recommend PDQ in Taplow (nr. Maidenhead) :D My old CBR600FX/FY (last carbed model) was dynojetted by them and set up on their dyno and fuelled beautifully. Great guys who know their stuff, I use them for a lot of parts and I'm going to take my RSV-R to them to get the Power Commander set up properly.

I'd suggest checking if the needle jets on your 6 can be replaced first. On the 9 they are pressed in, no replacement from Keihin. The dynojet needle material promotes wear in them, fucking the carbs.

It's happened to the dynojetted 9 carbs I have in the same year.

You'll notice over fuelling at tickover, stumbling when in high gear/low revs, and when really bad starting without the choke. Dyno set up won't cure that.

I live in hampshire and have in the past need a dyno, each time for a different reason.

I have used Debben Performance (they built the engine for my zed), Big CC (they fitted and jetted the crbs for the drag strip) and PDQ (sorted the problems the muzzy was causing on the 7r). All three were first rate and chosen because of their experience in a paticular field. Whilst none of them are in hampshire I would say the distance travelled was well worth the effort.

Steve Jordan next door to Box Hill set my R1 up nicely, thought they were pretty good all round .

Is Southampton near you? Double Take Dyno in Millbrook. 2 Ex?-racers, know their stuff, 4 stroke and 2 stroke.

Paul

Funny you should say that I phoned them today,

verdict was ZX6R's and GSXR600's normally run a bit rough at low revs and are hard to get spot on low down.

the coils can also break down and cause the same problem.

he said the setup I got should be spot on as it is (if setup right in the first place) but if I want them to tune it up it will be between £100-£150 + Vat to set up.

I think the best option is for me to do a number of things first:

1 Clean or change plugs.

2 Double check dyno jet needle setup.

3 Double check pilot screw setup.

4 Balance carbs again.

See if this sorts idle and slight throttle lumpyness problems out, if not go see Double take.

My mates sister knows one of the guys there so might be worth popping over to let them have a listen first.

Archived