Titanium bolts

hagasannori

Are R1 Disc bolts the same length and pitch as R6 or any other Yamaha.

The difference is they have a bolt head rather than a allen head. My spanners are more acurate than allen key bits and sockets are easier to torque up.

Here you go;ebay item number 120482954922

Have a look and say what you meen

Sören

Honestly?

They look like copies of the Probolt race spec bolts. The machining isnt as neat or as well finished but its hard to tell from the photo, even enlarged.

No mention of how the threads are made, rolled or not. And S'pose you've just got to trust the seller that they actually are 6AL4V Ti.

Good price though. Retail for the Probolt ones is £17.50 each

you should stay well clear from cheap crap from china

how much of a bargin do you think it will be when your laying in a hospital bed!!

Quite

Poggipolini ;)

http://www.poggipolini.it/html/index.html

I used a variety of Ti bolts on my bike from different manufacturers, the Poggipolini kit is superb but the ones I had where left over from a build many years ago and I'm not sure who brings their stuff in anymore.

There really is a difference between manufacturers and for quality and service I think you'd have to go a long way to beat Probolt.

Try Yoyodyne in the states as well, seeing as you are outside the UK http://www.yoyodyneti.com/

So...... anyone actually know where Pro-Bolt get their fasteners from ? it wouldn't surprise me if it was China.

I used to work for a Jap company making welding guns for car plants and we opened a production facility in China.The first consignment was fairly shite, TBH, but once we told them exactly the quality and materials we were looking for the rest of the stuff from them was excellent quality at a third of the price of making it here (including shipping)

As for those ebay items, they do look like the threads have been cut - the shank is the same diameter as the threaded portion which is usually a giveaway.

The machining looks pretty ok, Pro-Bolt get theirs polished, so no wonder they're expensive.

I remember back in the day when Ti wasn't even thought of for bikes - I had a superdream commuter held together with anodised titanium and zirconium fasteners that had been left over from big fabrication contracts where I worked.The fasteners were probably worth ten times as much as the bike.

Good news, then.

No wonder they're so expensive, though, if they're produced here.

I've only got Ti screen screws and caliper bolts, and that's because I pinched the calipers and bolts from GSXR400 that was going to scrap.Must admit, I'm not sure I'd but cheap chinese fasteners off ebay - although China *can* produce decent quality kit, I would imagine at the ebay end of the scale it's not the best stuff in the world.

I've had experience of automotive component manufacture in China. Generally speaking dimensional tolerancing is very accurate, mainly because the government encourage manufacturers to set up there by giving them FREE land, new premises and huge subsides to invest in the latest technology. Material spec is another matter though, If they can't find the correct material they just make it out of whatever is available that looks the same, I've seem supposidly heat treated products just warmed with a gas torch to simulate a heat pattern and other things that were made from something unsuitable fail spectaculary.

At the end of the day the choice is yours.

Archived