ZX6R G2 vibes @5k rpm

Gregorious77

Just picked up a 99 G2 ZX6R and have noticed some nasty vibes from 5k-6k rpm on both open thottle and on closed throttle?

Any ideas what this can be?

If it was carbs out of balance am I right in saying it would not do it on the over run?

Could it be cam chain or something or is this just what the engine is like?

Bike has done 10,800 miles.

Greg

How harsh is the vibration? bar wobbler or a little buzz through the bars and pegs? I get a few vibes from my G1 but nothing too bad. are all the engine bolts torqued up properly?

Buzz through bars and pegs.

can definatly feel it Id say a medium buzz.

Not checked bolts etc, I will get the fairing off at the weekend I think.

make sure the carbs are set up right, the kawasaki manual for the g1 and g2 from kawasaki (and Haynes) has the wrong settings in it, my bike ran rough as hell after stripping cleaning and adjusting the carbs and resetting them to kawasaki settings.

Do you know the right settings?

I will check the balance anyhow if I get time but not sure its carb related due to it still vibrating through that rev range on closed throttle.

I balanced the carbs today.

not taken it out yet but will be riding to college tomorrow so I will see what difference that has made.

That stupid air valve thing is a right pain in the ass I dislodged it putting the airbox back on, and had to remove the seat tank and airbox again to re fit it.

I also sprayed the whole bike with ACF 50, ready for the winter now!

Its gonna be a smokey monday morning with that lot burning off the Zorst.

Archived