1991 KMT GS600 LC4

Marb

I've gotten myself a pretty tidy GS600. First gen. LC4 (i am told) with the blue engine.

But, the wiring is a mess, and i can't get her to spark anymore. Got her up an running when i bought her but once she's warm she cuts out and won't start anymore. Got het started one time after that, spark is very weak. She died again the 2nd time when she was warm and now won't spark at all anymore.

Electrics aren't my strongest point, but i know my way around. Now, this sound like a dead coil to me. Coils tend to die when they get warm, if they're buggered. The usual drill i do with a "normal" 4 cil coil is put 12 volt on the two wires going into the coil, when the 12V is removed then you should get a spark.

However there are 5 wire's going into the KTM coil, and i can't find any info on it at all. It says it's a Amal SEM C1 coil, made in Sveden (i thought Amal only did carbs)

Now i can't find a 2nd hand coil anywhere, and i can't find an workshop manual. An electics diagram would be very useful atm.

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Cheers.

Hi mate, am no expert on electrics meself, but i know the older husabergs had sem ignitions in them and the stators had a habit of packin in, especially when warmed up! Might be worth checkin your stator to see if its a sem also? Good luck!!!!

Well. went and got myself a new plugcap and 1mtr of new silicone lead. Swapped 'em, fresh plug, just to be sure but still no spark.

Called the KTM dealer, new coil will set me back 140 euro's. Hmmmmmm...

EDIT: Just saw that i spelled KTM wrong in the title.... doh.

Archived