Quick throttle

rndnick

Bit of advice guys;

I think due to fracturing my wrist several years ago, I cannot comfortably do a zero to full throttle without moving my hand off of the grip. (or is this normal for everyone?). Is there a way of speeding up the throttle action without a buying a quick action throttle?

TIA.

Had some success with a little poly pipe and some epoxy. Cut a ring off the end of the pipe & glue it around the cable run. With a little carefull filing and shaping you can often increase the diameter of the tube at the cable run and speed up the throttle. Most of the alloy bodies that clamp to the bars have some room to do this.

Try not to make it jam open though, could be nasty :)

Apparently on the ZX9 you can use a ZX10 throttle, but that effectively a quick (er) action, just off a manufacturer.

I know you've said without doing this, but whats the problem with a quick action one?

What bike?

Its Y2K R1 (5JJ)

I know you've said without doing this, but whats the problem with a quick action one?

Sorry misworded on my part; I wouldn't mind a quick throttle, just wanted to avoid the cost. (cheapest I've seen is over a £100)

The KTM enduro bikes use a throttle tube that comes apart and can be reversed for qa or slower opening. Would probably be a cheap option? Have a look at the G3 throttle tubes. Really nice quality.

Archived