SP1 clocks to CB1000 Big one HELP genious required

Agtrak100

One for the various deeply talented among us who frequent this forum...

I have a rather nice RCB1187 ( Ex cb1000 Big one ) circa 1996,

I want to fit SP1 clock set..

I can get the speedo to work, by fitting an early fire blade pick up mounted in the drive sprocket cover, that's done....

When I turn the ignition on the rev counter bars do their little dance and then NOTHING I can also get the temp thing working....

How can I get the rev counter to work......???????/

It is the last thing that I want to do to this bike then it is finally DONE.....

HELP

Many thanks

SteveT

RHRC

One for the various deeply talented among us who frequent this forum...

I have a rather nice RCB1187 ( Ex cb1000 Big one ) circa 1996,

I want to fit SP1 clock set..

I can get the speedo to work, by fitting an early fire blade pick up mounted in the drive sprocket cover, that's done....

When I turn the ignition on the rev counter bars do their little dance and then NOTHING I can also get the temp thing working....

How can I get the rev counter to work......???????/

It is the last thing that I want to do to this bike then it is finally DONE.....

HELP

Many thanks

SteveT

RHRC

HELP ANYONE...............????

Where/what does the SP1 use for it's rev counter pickup? Can you not do the same?

You'd need the wiring diagrams for both, and some electrical trickery to make the input something the SP will recognise (CB as a 4 rather than twin).

But you could nick a SP water temp sensor, that would be fine. And take a look at the fuel level sensor set-up too.

You'd need the wiring diagrams for both, and some electrical trickery to make the input something the SP will recognise (CB as a 4 rather than twin).

But you could nick a SP water temp sensor, that would be fine. And take a look at the fuel level sensor set-up too.

Many thanks fran9r....

Already done the water temp bit, but still get the temp indicator bit flashing on the display... what is the score with the fuel level sensor... how do I fool it

I,ve also got both diagrams and found the various wires and by deduction found the rev counter signal wires.....

Now what

Many thanks so far

SteveT

I presume your using the engine temp sensor from the CB? Is the SP1 a similar range? If so swop them over.

I would guess the fuel level was a variable resistor. Are you just wanting it to stop flashing? Find the resistance it needs to be when full and give it that signal.

I think the rpms will show at double speed...should be easy enough to do the same with that.

I presume your using the engine temp sensor from the CB? Is the SP1 a similar range? If so swop them over.

I would guess the fuel level was a variable resistor. Are you just wanting it to stop flashing? Find the resistance it needs to be when full and give it that signal.

I think the rpms will show at double speed...should be easy enough to do the same with that.

Hi Fran9r

Thanks again...

OK remember that the CB1000 is a wasted / redundant spark set up effectivley a v2....

The temp sensor I tried was an SP unit.. the flashing is a form of error code, i cant remember what for as I was trying to sort this last summer.

I take you point about the fuel level sensor and fooling it .. I rekon that you are prpbably spot on with that, and I will try it ....

Not sure about RPM as that is really what I need to solve..... I have been told it can't be done as it is a CanBus system, however I rekon I just have to solve the riddle of finding and transmitting the right signal down the bloody wire.....it will probably be very simple and i just can't see it ....

Thanks again

SteveT

RHRC

Archived