GSXR400 1990 Slingshot info needed

cagimaha

Right a mate of mine has bought a Suzuki GSXR400 GK76A of 1990 vintage (good year that). All seems well apart from the forks feeling like the springs have been replaced with marshmallow. I can bottom them out just by leaning on them which isnt exactly confidence inspiring. Does anyone know what length the fork springs should be? or any way of finding out this information? Ive told him to just fit a whole ZX6 front end but he wont listen.... Anyways any help much appreciated as ever, Ben.

Ive told him to just fit a whole ZX6 front end but he wont listen.... Anyways any help much appreciated as ever, Ben.

No. No. No.

Step away from the fantastic front end on the gsxr!!

Put hand in pocket, withdraw credit/debit card. Order new set of springs and some oil. Job done.

Honestly, the one area where a GK76 needs nothing doing is the front end. Bloody fantastic, as long as the springs and oil are in good nick. The springs will be fucked by now if they're original, just get a set of Racetech springs in there for around £100 all in and away ye go.

No. No. No.

Step away from the fantastic front end on the gsxr!!

Put hand in pocket, withdraw credit/debit card. Order new set of springs and some oil. Job done.

Honestly, the one area where a GK76 needs nothing doing is the front end. Bloody fantastic, as long as the springs and oil are in good nick. The springs will be fucked by now if they're original, just get a set of Racetech springs in there for around £100 all in and away ye go.

+ 1 on that. Had one myself and new oil and seals transformed it so I can only imagine it'd be even better with decent springs. Still the most feeling I've had from the front end of a bike.

Yeah I guessed that they would be a bit past their best but just wanted to make sure that was what it was before shelling out for some new ones. Can you supply the springs tootall? Ive had a bit of a scour on the tinterweb and could only find Hagon springs listed. Cheers, Ben.

Yeah I guessed that they would be a bit past their best but just wanted to make sure that was what it was before shelling out for some new ones. Can you supply the springs tootall? Ive had a bit of a scour on the tinterweb and could only find Hagon springs listed. Cheers, Ben.

TBH at the price Hagon ones are (£59.00) you may want to go for them.

If you/he wants Racetech ones then I/you need to find the original spring dimensions and then we can go from there. But they wont be as cheap.

Archived