R&G Bung Problem

busterchow

I don't know if any of you have had this problem. I had an off on my SP2 a while back which mangled the right hand R&G crash bung. On closer inspection the actual engine bolt is bent on the right side. Where the alu collar bolts on.

The problem is I can't get the engine bolt out!!

I've got the right hand bung off, the right hand alu collar off, loosened off the pinch bolt, but I can't get the bolt out of the left hand side of the bike.

It looks as if OE alu spacer has seized on to the R&G engine bolt?

I've tried some WD40 which hasn't done a lot, maybe some Plusgas will do it?

Any advice would be most welcome.

Thanks

Buster

...(sweating like a scouser in Dixons at the time, praying that the bolt wouldn't shear off)....

Now I'm a scouser who used to work in Dixon's and when I read "humour" like this I fucking have to say quite right, carry on.

Lah.

Mitch

Would simply cutting the ally collar off help any?

It might have to come to that.

Dremel set to stun................................Or maybe cut

Can you get the fairing off over the crash bung remains? The steel spacer has a couple of flats on it and acts as the engine bolt. The crash bung bolt just screws into the end of it.

I've cut off the left hand spacer so all that's left in there is the R&G engine bolt and OE spacer. I can move the bar about 1-2cm laterally left or right then it is jamming.

I'm pretty sure that it's because the OE spacer has corroded to the R&G engine bolt. I've ordered some plusgas to see if that will loosen the spacer, failing that I'll have to carefully cut out the bolt and spacer.

Cheers

Buster

Go to your local Wurth outlet and get some Rostoff :unsure:

I've never heard of it. Is is good stuff??

I've already ordered some plusgas, so hopefully that will budge the belligerent bloody bar, before Buster begins blubbing .

Got the MoFo out this afternoon. Managed to twat the majority out of the left side, but because the right end was bent it wouldn't fully come out of the bike.

So I had to cut the bolt with the dremel and knock the remainder out through the left side.

I can't afford to get a new R&G bar and collar at the mo. So I've put the OE engine bolt back in for now.

I also put a shim on the rear shock whilst I was down the lock up. I've been meaning to do it for ages.

Cheers to all for the help.

Buster

• 3 weeks later...

Archived