Watched my bike gettin Dyno'd yesterday.......

jamesthehondaman

The sound, the smell, the clean sound proof room, blower and extractor fan noise, and the sound of the twin 08 R1 mufflers wailing towards redline.....

I'm still shaking.....

And most of all, a technician who tunes superbikes in the Australian Series....

Even if you've only done minor mod's like me, it's definately worth the money to tweak the fueling and make the bike sharper...probably the best $ to $ value ratio I've spent so far.

$180 for 8:30am to 10:00am.

08 R1, PCIII, Akrapovic link pipe (no cat), UK Scorpion Carbon open slip ons, K&N airfilter....

156.4HP at the rear wheel on a 23.5 degree day....happy with that.

Good stuff, although did you find that hearing your bike wailing away just in front of you made you nervous?

Good stuff, although did you find that hearing your bike wailing away just in front of you made you nervous?

I was quite nervous before I arrived, but I'd just given it a 'between service' oil change with Motorex Topspeed Synthetic and a new filter..

Once there though, with it tied down and my earmuffs on, i was just captivated at how good it sounded...

They dont keep it pinned on the redline (for too long) anyway, just revved to redline and then back down again...as they reprogram the fueling at each rev stage ...

Rear tyre got quite hot though, but didnt shred or have bits flying off (Michelin 2CT Power) ..

It had a very rich point just above idle and when I'd blip the throttle just as I stop at the lights, it would cut out ... but that's all fixed and the bike is just a load sharper in the midrange, especially roll-ons, not as 'fluffy"...

ciao

Archived