2 Stroke Pit Bikes

Duffs

Hi Guys and girls, my other half wants a pit bike, does anyone know if there are any 2 stroke options (bigger than 50cc) available other than the 140/160cc 4 stroke offerings?

I have enquired if an 85cc crosser would be upto it, but the consensus is that an adults weight would kill the engine and chassis - has anyone attempted this?

Has anyone tried shoe-horning a 2 stroke engine in a 4 stroke pit bike - an MX 125 would be pretty tasty!!!! She is only 5 feet tall so a full blown crosser is too big

Cheers Duffs

YSR80, NSR80, TDR80, KSR80. The 50's aren't as slow as you'd think either. And they're all road legal. There's a few around with bigger transplants too, there was a DT175-engined YSR on Ebay last week.

DS_som_5_big.jpg

Suzuki used to make a JR80 untill a few years ago which was a bit more of a field bike than the proper RM85 kids motocross bike. They used an aircooled RM80 engine from the 80's. Built to take a proper hammering and they would wheelie no problem with 13 stone of me on them. The lads in the workshop used to have a right laugh on them at work messing about up and down the backstreet on them. If you want to use it as a pit bike then the JR would be fine. If you're wanting to do some proper MX then you'd be better off getting an early 90's 125. Hope this helps, Ben.

any 80-85cc crosser will be up to the job. better than a pit bike as there japanese and high quality rather than chinese :icon_salut: just use top oil, maintain regular and away you go. at 5ft i dont think the engine/chassis will really suffer, provided she isnt built like heather from eastenders. my lads kx 60 would take regular abuse ie wheelies through the gears with me 11 1/2st and at the time 7year old boy aboard. weight distribution ya see. the rear mudguard hit the tyre over bumps a;though it was 12yr old carrying way more than it should. up to 11-12st is fine with fresh suspension. careful though, 85cc mx bikes are no comparison to a pit bike.

If shes just too short to ride a proper sized bike, why not just get suspension shortened and seat scooped out. A lass used to come to supermoto trackdays i used to go to and think she was 5 feet at best. She had a ccm604 and a ktm 520 i think it was. Both were adjusted to suit her size.

Archived