Acewell Digital Dashes

deviant

As in the title really.

I've been toying with replacing the clocks on the ZXR400 for a while, for the sake of weight and shinyness. This has been accelerated somewhat by the speedo drive packing up at some time during the Donny trackday in September.

I'd been considering the Trailtech Vapor, and may still get one for the DR800, but they've got a pretty big failing as far as the ZXR goes - although they will count revs (and display them as a number) up to I think 20k, the visual display/bar thingy only goes up to 12k. This means the ZXR would be off the scale almost permanently if I'm riding it properly.

So I've also had a look at the Acewell ACE-3250, which isn't that much more expensive and has a rev display which goes up to 16krpm. However I can't find much about them on the net apart from people selling them - unlike the Trailtech, which is discussed at length all over various forums.

So, PB forum. Has anyone used them, and are they any good? Do they come with all the bits you need to fit them, etc?

I used a vaypor on my aprilia trackday bike. Easy to fit, came with accurate water temperature fitting , speedo magnet thingys (that i never fitted) and rev counter connections.

I only got it for noise testing and it just about manages it :icon_blackeye: No matter which plug lead i wrap the sensor wire round it never gives a steady reading, rev to 4 and it flicks between 4 4 4 4 9 15 4 4 4 1 4 9 4 4 4 4 2 4 4 4 10 etc. Mind you it was only £70 off ebay

Would I recommend it? Only if theres nothing else as cheap

Saw these at stafford show and they looked much better, dunno how well they work though :)

oops, forgot link

http://www.digitalspeedos.co.uk

*bump*

Anything doing on this Dave? I'm interested in how you get on, need some clocks for steelie #2 :tacheemoticonwh7: Although all I really need is a rev counter and a temp gauge

*bump*

Anything doing on this Dave? I'm interested in how you get on, need some clocks for steelie #2 :blink: Although all I really need is a rev counter and a temp gauge

Sorry, my bad, I'll sort this out once I'm happy with hacking the leckies about on Project Moneypit and fitted my clocks, keep nagging me... :eusa_whistle:

*bump*

Anything doing on this Dave? I'm interested in how you get on, need some clocks for steelie #2 :icon_blackeye: Although all I really need is a rev counter and a temp gauge

I've not done any more on this. I've solved it for the minute by buying Mike's van and using that to go to work in :icon_bounce:

I might take a punt on the Acewell unit for the ZXR. If I do I'll let you know how I get on.

Might end up putting a Trailtech one on the DR. In which case I'll be able to compare the two.

I also need one for the CG now, but a £5 bicycle speedo is much more in keeping with the rest of that bike :o

• 2 weeks later...

Try this in Ebay ( all singing all dancing)

available ebay 10k or 20k

polo-motorrad.de to 15k

my mates got it on his and it works

Hope this helps

Keith

Archived