KTM / WP forks, or maybe NOT!

Tim Guy

So Ive got a set, of what I think, and Ive no reason to doubt the guy, WP / KTM USD forks to fit onto my DR800 (yokes have already been modded for the DR as it was orignally on his DR)

The distance between the caliper mounts is 60mm.

Just phoned talon and they say WP / KTM forks arent 60mm, so either they ant WP, or there a strange setup.

Anyone know what bikes / forks had 60mm mounts so I can try and get a talon ready made one, failing that Ill have to get one made, which is no biggy but I would of liked to have bought off the shelf.

I need a 60mm fork to 100mm Brakeing caliper 4 pot bracket for a 320mm disc.

Tim

So Ive got a set, of what I think, and Ive no reason to doubt the guy, WP / KTM USD forks to fit onto my DR800 (yokes have already been modded for the DR as it was orignally on his DR)

The distance between the caliper mounts is 60mm.

Just phoned talon and they say WP / KTM forks arent 60mm, so either they ant WP, or there a strange setup.

Anyone know what bikes / forks had 60mm mounts so I can try and get a talon ready made one, failing that Ill have to get one made, which is no biggy but I would of liked to have bought off the shelf.

I need a 60mm fork to 100mm Brakeing caliper 4 pot bracket for a 320mm disc.

Tim

Tim, try C+P this into the general section as not everynone watches the Workshop section.

Well to finish off the thread, this is what a chap on Thumper talk had to say about th forks.. 1995/96 Burg forks.. Defo worth stick um on.

This might help, ere, someone.. one day..

Thanks for the replys guy..

"Okay! the "6" means that they are 4054's (40mm chrome tube and 54mm OD at the bottom clamp). They are "Top Adjusters". One side controls compression, the other controls rebound. The "45" means that they are (originally) for a Husaberg - IF memory serves! All of my WP info is in Australia (still), so I cannot confirm, but I'm pretty sure.

Not a horrible fork. Externally adjustable and most parts are still available. It may take some tuning to work on your project. But if you aren't squeemish about doing some research and maybe having to have things made to fit it all, it'd probably be a nice set up in the end.

I am surprised at the date stamps (the 47.95 and 47.96). The fact that they are a year apart......they were made during the 47th week of the year, but one in 1995 and the other in 1996? Seems odd. Maybe they made an error at the factory.

Hope that helps! "

Cool, so MilleMille reckons a Goldline Brembo will fit the fork leg, I'm guessing that Husaberg used Brembos then? Will the Braking caliper go on in lieu of the Brembo?

Do you have the spacers made up for the wheels yet? I'm guessing it is going to be a bugger to get the disc off, unless you can get the wheel to an engineering firm?

Braking Calper has 100mm mounts. so I still think Im gonna have to get it custom made, mate.

No, Im not really there yet. Need to find the DR600/650 speedo cover, then it should just go on, no spacers required. But I think tha really is the easy bit.

Im gonna get the exhast done first I think as the cans now here and its only gonna be 100quid or so to get the headers made. Ill get that would the way.

A mate of mine is going to give me an intro to a engineer over in Stratford thats into bikes himself. I can hopefully dump it in a corner and he'll do the rest.

Now Im getting to this stage, Im starting to think about dropping the body work off and getting that done right, and maybe power coating the rims and hubs.

Although I was thinking about a winter hack, its starting to turn into something proper..

Money money money at the end of the day init

• 2 weeks later...

Archived