exhaust rivets

lorenzo

I got some new exhaust packing at the stafford show at the weekend, trying to quieten the 7R down a little bit, it was cheap, so hey ho, I splurged. However, I can't find any rivets that are the sort without the holes in them. I've got normal ones, but I'm fucked if I can find the blanked off ones. I suppose I could just go with the normal holey ones, they're are a tiny bit lighter, after all....

Anybody got any ideas?

Get stainless ones if you can. They last far longer and wont work loose. You will need an airgun though, or one of these:

670293.jpg

Dont even thing of trying to use one of those cheap pliers-type of riveter with stainless. Or one of the accordion-types AK39902_small.JPG....they put too much pressure on the thin sheet material.

Hmm, well for my cheapo can that's on my cheapo bike I don't think I'm going to buy a compressor and a rivet gun, can't I just go with aluminium ones?

Just use the cheapo aluminium ones. If the hole in the middle bothers you, solder it up? I never bother tho, the size of the hole in the rivet is tiny compared to the exhaust exit hole.

Archived