Ducati wheels - interchangability?

smev

I was just wondering if there was an alternative wheel to fit to the Ducati 749 front end that I currently have fitted on my project bike?

Does anyone know if 748/916/996/998 wheels have the same spacers and off set and spindle etc?

Lots of questions I know - but I'm desperate to get another wheel!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in anticipation

Smev

I was just wondering if there was an alternative wheel to fit to the Ducati 749 front end that I currently have fitted on my project bike?

Does anyone know if 748/916/996/998 wheels have the same spacers and off set and spindle etc?

Lots of questions I know - but I'm desperate to get another wheel!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in anticipation

Smev

It'll depend on the exact model that you have and are looking at...

Different Duc's (even within the same 'model' range) can have a different offset to the front brake discs, so it's not always an easy swap (having been caught out before with differences in Strada/SPS/'RS/Corse' discs)

If you had a 748-998 I'd be happy to confirm what fits where, but the 749-999 models are different (even though I'm sure parts couel be chopped and changed about).

Have you spoken with the Tech's at Ducati UK?

Thanks for the quick reply!!

I haven't spoken to Ducati tech guys yet - there is a dealership not too far from me. That was my next port of call. The wheel I currently have fitted is a 749 s model from 2003.

I realise there are alot of differences - especially with some of the more tricked up 'race' versions. there are even 16.5" ones and big wheel spindle versions too

I thought maybe there are a few other ducati owners who may have an answer or tried it!

If not then I'm just gonna have to keep on searching on the dreaded flea bay and in the classifieds of the many bike forums!!

Cheers Smev

• 1 month later...

Just realised that the 748/996 range has 6 bolts for the front discs so they wont do!

Still not had a chance to speak to Ducati yet - may pop down the local dealer at the weekend with a tape measure!!!

Archived