Good Dyno Center?

Hendo

Any of the northeners here know of a good dyno center around Cumbria/Lancashire/The Borders/Newcastle?

Got an airfilter etc to put on my bike once I have ran it in, and I want it set-up properly,no guess-work, I want somewhere that really knows what they are doing with FCR carbs, jets and the like.

There is a place down the road from me in Carlisle but I dont have much faith in them to be honest.

I dont mind slinging the bike in me van for an hours drive to get to somewhere decent.

Cheers

Andy

I think there's a cracker at Jct 33 M6.... ...called Jct 33 Dyno (or something similar).

Zakalwe will probably be along soon to tell you for sure - he knows then I think :icon_bounce:

I might have need for them soon - 39mm FCRs to set up as a well-done-on-new-job present to self.

I think there's a cracker at Jct 33 M6.... ...called Jct 33 Dyno (or something similar).

Zakalwe will probably be along soon to tell you for sure - he knows then I think :thumbsup:

I might have need for them soon - 39mm FCRs to set up as a well-done-on-new-job present to self.

Will look into them cheers. Its always nice to have personal experiences of places though. Judging by the lack of replies no-one north of Preston has ever had there bike dyno'ed... :pbtwerplr3:

Andy

Yeah, sometimes threads in the workshop section can be quiet for some reasons...

I'd PM Zakalwe and ask about Jct 31 and also PM Lorenzo and ask about the one they used which was I think near Chester. And give L shit about the charity Bros, extracting digits etc etc.

I would definitely NOT recommend Quill (Haydock) - great at making exhausts, not so great dyno engineers (in my experience, which was a carbed GSXR). Poor service, communications and end result.

+1 for J33. He did my mates rgv250 and picked up a few horses but really sorted out the fueling curve on it.

http://www.dynopro-racing.co.uk is a bit further down the M6, i've had a few of mine run on Chris' dyno and he certainly knows his stuff, possibly a bit cheaper than J33 if thats a factor for you.

So two recommendations

Avoid millenium motorcycles like the plague

http://www.mmcbikes.co.uk/mot.php

and i'd also probably avoid motrac, friends have had variable results from them.

Cheers guys, looks like I'll be making enquires at jct 33. Cost and outright BHP arn't an issue, I just want my bike and fuelling to be spot on.

Cheers

Andy

Another vote for Andy at Junction 33 in Galgate, he did my cbr6rr7, top bloke, he's got the latest Dynojet rig and has very close ties with Frank Wrathall (Dynojet UK HQ nr Preston). :D

He'll get a look at Project Moneypit in the near future as well, he cut his teeth on carb tuning.

I'd PM Zakalwe and ask about Jct 31 and also PM Lorenzo and ask about the one they used which was I think near Chester. And give L shit about the charity Bros, extracting digits etc etc..

The one we used for the bros, and I used for my VFR before that, is the one linked to in thefatmans post, in runcorn. A nice bloke, good value for money, and good results too.

My digit is extracted Rich, the middle one is in a vertical position, and facing directly towards you. I might actually ring Trigger tomorrow, see what's next on the agenda (ha, like we have an agenda).

The one we used for the bros, and I used for my VFR before that, is the one linked to in thefatmans post, in runcorn. A nice bloke, good value for money, and good results too.

My digit is extracted Rich, the middle one is in a vertical position, and facing directly towards you. I might actually ring Trigger tomorrow, see what's next on the agenda (ha, like we have an agenda).

Heh heh - but fellas, we're shaping like we work for the public sector or something - how about a deadline, to give something to aim at?

Cheap winter trackday for its first outing?

As it stands Trigger is working to a deadline, it's just that it's one that's been handed to him by his employers rather than a bloke on a forum. I was speaking to him about the bike last night, and I don't think there's going to be a huge amount of progress over then next couple of weeks at least.

As it stands Trigger is working to a deadline, it's just that it's one that's been handed to him by his employers rather than a bloke on a forum. I was speaking to him about the bike last night, and I don't think there's going to be a huge amount of progress over then next couple of weeks at least.

Ok. I'm going to leave this one with you fellas then - you know where I am, offer of help is there, over to you.

Archived