Triumph Daytona 675

Cibbersicks

Bought myself a crash damaged 675 at the right price this week,

Looking closer, the rear brake caliper carrier has rubbed against the rear disc, and it looks like its been doing so for some time., It's done 15k so It will have had a few rear tyres so I'm wondering if it's something to do with the spacers? Or is this a common problem?

Does anyone know the what the dimensions for the spacers should be? Just so I can compare them to the ones in this one....

7627_148730304083_500469083_2560953_515543_n.jpg

Not seen that before, my sisters fella has ran one for a few years as a manx bike and even after a few crashes never seen it. Maybe they have over torqued the spindle squishing the spacer and allowing the carrier a bit too close?

Never seen that one mate, all I can suggest is incorrect spacer or damaged carrier in a prev off!

let us know what you find mate!!

I've got the dimensions for the spacers back from Fowlers today, I will check them when I get home.

The carrier looks perfect apart from the arear where it's touched the disc....

hmmm the plot thickens..

Is the disc it's rubbing against a sort of spiked pattern, and the sprocket looks very worn out? If so, the wheel's on the wrong way.

Is the disc it's rubbing against a sort of spiked pattern, and the sprocket looks very worn out? If so, the wheel's on the wrong way.

:(

Took me a minute but then pmsl

Laurence, have you ever considered becoming a comedian....?

*...scuttles off to garage mumbling, to check if Loz is right.....*

Class, glad I wasn't mid drink at the time :icon_salut:

Archived