can this really be repaired?

Devon

Im not an expert but even if it can't be welded then it will be able to be re-lined which would allow it to be used again. What's it off? Unless it is a rare item or has porting that has had lots of time and money put into it then it may well be cheaper to get another one. To get a cylinder re-lined costs in the region of £100 last time I checked. For a definitive answer your best bet would be to contact www.pjme.co.uk and get a quote. They will undertake most repairs of this sort. Hope this helps, Ben.

Im not an expert but even if it can't be welded then it will be able to be re-lined which would allow it to be used again. What's it off? Unless it is a rare item or has porting that has had lots of time and money put into it then it may well be cheaper to get another one. To get a cylinder re-lined costs in the region of £100 last time I checked. For a definitive answer your best bet would be to contact www.pjme.co.uk and get a quote. They will undertake most repairs of this sort. Hope this helps, Ben.

Last time I had to get something like this fixed it cost something like £130. Make sure you find out how much a new barrel costs first, it may not be worth recoating!

Pj`s did a re-sleeve on my cr500 a few months ago,and the standard of their work is fantastic,as im sure a few other people will echo.The bloody thing keeps trying to pull my arms off now!!!

its off an aprilia rs125 and the biddings currently at 99p i would just go for an aftermarket barrel but i have been told if i wwant to race in superteens as i plan to then i have to have all stock parts

its off an aprilia rs125 and the biddings currently at 99p i would just go for an aftermarket barrel but i have been told if i wwant to race in superteens as i plan to then i have to have all stock parts

Wait for one that doesn't need welding then? That'll save a few tenners.....

Archived