Slo mo bullet impacts

driverchris

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Heds mythbusters vid reminded me of a programme I saw a while back. If I worked at a place that had a sled that did 650 mph I would not really want to have a go on it. This loon Col John Stapp did though...

Heds mythbusters vid reminded me of a programme I saw a while back. If I worked at a place that had a sled that did 650 mph I would not really want to have a go on it. This loon Col John Stapp did though...

">

Good vid, I've only ever seen Col Stapps sled run, so it was interesting to see the other experiments before and the physical injuries he sustained from the sled run.

Strangely enough I was at Manchester museum of science and industry the other week with my wife and her parents and me and my FiL got talking about the Martin Baker ejection seat that was there. I think I've mentioned this before but on the return from an interview for the RAF when I was in my teens I happened to sit across the table from a little old lady on the train home. I noticed that she had a gold brooch with a diamond cockpit screen in the shape of a Lancaster Bomber, turns out she received it as a gift from Mr Baker himself as did all the wives of personnel who closely worked on the original ejection seat.

and now for some ejection seat action!

Archived