Indicator Help / Problem

Bushy

A mate of mine is having some trouble from his indicators :HB:

When he indicates left the left indicator works fine but the right hand -side indicator dash warning light on the dash flashes :dunno:

The same thing happens when he indicates right the right hand-side indicator works fine but the left hand-side dash warning light flashes

The rectifier has been changed and the switch on the handlebars has been inspected and everything seems okay

The one common factor is this only happens when he has the lights on – with the lights off the bikes indicator system works fine.

Any ideas?

Earth fault.

Corroded earth point for the dash - high resistance due to corrosion is pulling the voltage down enough to make the flasher/relay unti misbehave.

Thought it must be something to do with the rely but until your reply I could not see how - will whack another earth across to check that out and clean up the connection :ph34r:

Thanks

Bingo on the bad earth. I had the exact same prob on my bandit, turned out that 8 wires from the dash were crimped to a single wire from the loom. I soldered the 8 wires to 4 pairswith a wire coming off each, then 2 pairs then to the single wire. No more problems.

Cheers for that info - reckon this is pretty much the same set up - gonna have a look at the weekend with my mate if he's not sorted it by then :lol:

Cheers for all your help :lol:

Archived