Re-Con engines?

Muppet

So whats the deal with re-con engines, are they any good? Will they blow up straight away after spending ages putting them in?

I'd like some advice please cos i need an engine and dont know whether to go down this route or not. Can anyone suggest any good re-con engine places or had good experiences with sellers?

Cheers

P.S i'm in south london so places you know of down this way would be a great help

What engine is it? I'd be more tempted to buy one from a breakers rather than getting one reconditioned as even the parts cost alone would be similar to buying one from a breakers with a guarantee.

I've seen a fair few 80s strokers advertised as with "reconditioned" motors, but if I was getting a 25+ year old stinkwheel, I'd rather buy a broke one and the bits than trust someone else's handiwork - after all, they could be even worse with spanners than me.

But as tootall says, I've not seen anyone selling just re-con motors and *definitely* not from more recent machinery.

Damn it!

Ok, well thanks for the help :sleeping: . It was a 2001 CBR 600 FS engine i was after.

Brought a couple from breakers but they tend to be c...s :lol: and the ones i have brought have had problems. Bent crank shaft anyone?

Archived