Stand alone ECU

peter30

I have really good memories of stand alone ecu replacement from my clubbie saloon racing days and the sheer driveability gains that could be found. I was musing about winter playtime and may look at fitting injection gubbins to one of the carbed R1s on the drive. Now I guess the 03 R1 stuff with looms etc could fit and then a PC 111 or similar could be the easy way, but by the time that is done, it could well cost the same as a complete standalone system(not Motec!).

Has anyone gone down this route before (Geepee's zx7 not withstanding)?

Flatslides: dribble.

But...considering it too. There won't be a peak bhp improvement over FCR (maybe a bit less), but you can tweek it easily, have an economy/power map and so on.

I'm interested in the MegaSquirt ECU myself -it's a bugger to get information on, but it's a project I'd feel happy at completing. But yep, an OEM ECU and PCIII don't get anywhere near the tunability of some aftermarket systems -sequential, launch control, traction control...lap top tuning...Mmmm.

as i have muttered before, the ecu/wiring/setting up is the easy bit. really, it's a piece of piss

the hard bit is the fuel system/tbodies/tank/hoses/reg/pump. do you want 3bar fuel pissing out next to your pods?

God man live a little. Gas axe through the bottom of the tank for an 05 onwards R1 fuel pump stuck in with bathroom sealant and a set of 09 injectors banged into the inlet stubs with a lump hammer and your away :icon_blackeye:

:eusa_whistle::D

Archived