NSR250 tyres

Rompy McPoot

Hello all,

since I discovered the tyres on my MC28 are over ten years old(!), I guess it's time to get a new set for the 90s trackday at Brands. I really don't fancy stacking it. Again. Does anyone have any recommendations? Tyre sizes are 110/70 and 150/60. Or at least, that's the sizes on it at the moment. Fuck knows what they should be. I'm not going to be commuting on it, so longevity is not the primary concern, but neither am I fast, so slicks are also out

Ta!

Dunno the exact sizes for a NSR250, but can whole heartedly recommend Dunlop Alpha 10's* as a tyre of choice for anything under 400cc's (since that's what they're designed for).

I've used them on the Aprilia RS250 and they were jus' mint (and miles better than the 207 and 208's that I'd tried previously)

G

Hello all,

since I discovered the tyres on my MC28 are over ten years old(!), I guess it's time to get a new set for the 90s trackday at Brands. I really don't fancy stacking it. Again. Does anyone have any recommendations? Tyre sizes are 110/70 and 150/60. Or at least, that's the sizes on it at the moment. Fuck knows what they should be. I'm not going to be commuting on it, so longevity is not the primary concern, but neither am I fast, so slicks are also out

Ta!

I've stuck a pair of the Alpha10 Dunlops on my RG500 in the same sizes. Cracking tyres. You can also get Pirelli Supercorsa SC2s in the same sizes. That's two lots of very sticky tyres for your delectation. Alpha10s are good for the road but well sticky for trackdays. SC2s are homologated race tyres, so have more than enough grip, but don't last more than a couple of trackdays when ridden hard.

BW

ive also been recommended dunflop alpha 10s for my NSR and as soon as i decide my bank account needs to be even more empty i shall get some

:icon_blackeye:

ive got them maxxies (or whatever there called) on at the moment ,and no i would not bother with them ,there ok on the road i suppose

Bridgstone 090's and good in the wet as well.

You can never go wrong with the Pirelli diablo super corse range of tires.

The dunlops are good but you can get much better.

If your not sure just check what the F400 boy's are using.

I have BT 090r on my nc30 and they are fantastic......call alan at twistgrip............IIRC £175 fitted to loose wheels*

* You can be trusted to take then off...............Carn't you?............... :huh:

alpha 10's on my kr they are better than i am race kr's tend to use michelin sm, dont think i would be quick enough to use them to gain an advantage best leave them to the fast boys.

ade.

Hello all,

Ta!

Best tyres money can buy in 110 and 150 sizes (that is what NSR's should be) are without doubt Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa's but they're very hard to find and £270+ a set. You could have had mine (though they have done a couple of race weekends) if you'd moved quicker but they're now promised to Andy from NSR-World as I owe him something for various bits and bobs, not least of all lending me an RS CDI!

So, with time running short I recommend Dunlop D208gp's....by a stroke of luck I have a new pair here and will cheerfully drive to your house, pickup your wheels swap they tyres over, dispose of the old tyres and deliver them back for............£70...... they're no use to me anymore as I'm going to a 3.5" front wheel.

Talk to me nicely and I might be persuaded to give Andy the Dunlops and you the Superdupercorsa's.

However, be aware the Diablo Supercorsa's are not good in the rain...not one bit, the Dunlops are fine in the rain though not up to BT090 standard. Supercorsa Pro's (if you can find them in 110 and 150 sizes) are very good too but again they're near £250 a set.

Archived