BMW S1000RR

Tony Nitrous

Not sure if this is a re post ?

Have I missed it elsewhere.

The new BMW,

looks like standard gearing and 8 miles on the clock.

Looks good in black, the most impressive thing for me was how gentle he was when putting the back down after a rolling stoppie, still think it was a bit of a waste of bike by stunting on it though.

Advanced ABS and traction control yet he still pulls off stoppies and burnouts. Skill beats electronics every time.

ABS and TCS can be turned off via a switch on the bars, hey presto!

Have you seen the rearsets Gilles do for it in the 'accessories'? Sweet baby Jesus and the orphans! *Droooool*

Can't find a piccy anywhere, they're a sort of very dark brown with a red slidey/spinny bit. No honest, they look amazing!

Have you seen the rearsets Gilles do for it in the 'accessories'? Sweet baby Jesus and the orphans! *Droooool*

Can't find a piccy anywhere, they're a sort of very dark brown with a red slidey/spinny bit. No honest, they look amazing!

have you seen the price for said rearsets - £371 :D

Great little bike..... I would have one.... No problem.....

img2030l.jpg

img2032t.jpg

img2021ko.jpg

Love it in white too....... The 200.16 BHP at the wheel is a bonus.....

Can't wait to see how much they are second-hand next year when one of the Jap factories releases an absolute monster to put BMW back in their place....hopefully....:icon_blackeye:

Odds on who it'll be..Suzuki or Kawasaki?

I doubt if it'll be next year..but it'll be interesting.

I'd say Honda actually.

Power plus an electronics package?

I want to see Suzuki put the a Busa motor into a 750 frame. Call it the 'Widowmaker' or something.

Pete Intercooled/Turbo'd his Busa motor then put it in a 750 frame ( much butchered )

T7-13

ntbold.jpg

Odds on who it'll be..Suzuki or Kawasaki?

I doubt if it'll be next year..but it'll be interesting.

Honda and Kawasaki were due updates this year and nothing really happened (although I think MCN has been spreading rumour sthat the Kawasaki has had some sort of internal tweaks), so I'd look to them having the next 'big' updates.

The big question then would be whether the Japanese factories all move to releasing new models at or around the same time or if Yamaha and Suzuki hold off their "year 3&4 devlopment" tweaks an extra year, to keep the "2 factories every 2 years" release date system that they seem to enjoy steady....

Of course if the 4 cylinder thous keep getting more and more powerful, shouldn't we be looking towards Ducati bringing out a 1298R for 2011...? :(

Power plus an electronics package?

I think they've had something similar to the BMW 'in the wings' for quite a while, probably a 200bhp+ 'blade with all sorts of electronic whizz-bangs on it. Even if they didn't, I'd wager they are working on it right now....

If I were MCN-minded I'd being waffling on about a V5 MotoGP-inspired machine and whip up an entirely-unconvincing Potatoshop special!

I want to see Suzuki put the a Busa motor into a 750 frame. Call it the 'Widowmaker' or something.

.........with a scary rear rotary damper style shock..shock!

Its impressive. But regardless of power figures, it needs a year of no reliability issues and to some extent success in WSB before its taken more seriously.

This is the Germans we are talking about here. It will be reliable.... I cant belive this bike. 200 bhp with a full system? 190 bhp from the crate. With traction control?! I d like to thank the Germans not only for this bike but also for the bikes we can look forward to in the future.

I d like to thank the Germans not only for this bike but also for the bikes we can look forward to in the future.

Absolutely. I'm getting a slightly perverse thrill from the fact that boring old, touring bike obsessed, BMW have built something that appears to be handing Japan Inc it's collective arses on their own territory.

I think it is very funny that a lot of ther iders on here who love this sort of thing are salivating at the thought of this bike and the power and handling and trying valiently to forget that BMW have made it.

It's like have a really nice shafting session up a lovely vagina. Tight, warm and with just the right amount of suds to keep things slippy.

And all along trying to forget that it's your Mothers....

Archived